Caring for Kids, Educating Parents
Important Flu Vaccination Information
We anticipate that there may be problems with this year’s supply of Influenza vaccine in the US. For more information, please read our full page about flu vaccines.
Virginia Beach Pediatric Doctors
At Pediatric Affiliates, we understand that you have chosen us to care for your most important treasure – your child. We do not take this trust lightly. We care for your children with all the compassion, dedication and experience we would expect for our own children.
The two things that set us apart from the other “bigger” practices are – One, we are dedicated to teaching our parents about their child’s development or illness. Two, as your providers, we own the practice and therefore we give extra special care to you and your child. Our tagline “Caring for Kids, Educating Parents” sums up our philosophy that education and knowledge will help parents keep their kids healthy, and therefore, you as the parent will know what to expect when your kid is ill. You will always have time to ask questions and we will never make you feel like you are imposing on our time. We will always be there for you and ensure that you get the service you and your child deserve. We appreciate that you are trusting us to be your children’s pediatrician and it is this trust that is the central ingredient to a close doctor-patient relationship.
The Value of a Smaller Group
Our Pediatric Philosophy
At Pediatric Affiliates of Hampton Roads, we believe that education is the best medicine. Our experienced team of pediatricians takes the time to educate parents on how best to prevent childhood illness and injury. When illness does occur, we do all in our power to make sure your child is seen fast and receives the best treatment available.
Our commitment to you and your child is simple:
- No phone trees. All calls are answered by our staff.
- During the day, all medical phone calls are promptly returned.
- After office hours, all calls will be answered by one of our Doctors who will call you back.
- Acutely ill children ALWAYS seen on the same day.
- All Physicians are Board Certified.
- Only Physicians will see your child. No physician extenders (i.e. Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners).
- Our pediatricians offer a comprehensive “well child” visit schedule.
- New parent consultations are available for most parents with the Doctors before you have your baby.
- Routine physical examinations for school, camp, scout, and well-child visits.
- Many in-office routine tests are performed in our certified laboratory.
- Consultation with the inpatient hospital physicians for treatment of sick infants and children.
- Nursery care of all newborns in Regular and Special Care Nurseries.
- Vaccinations and allergy shots.
- Vision and hearing testing.
- Emergency splinting and suturing.
- International adoptions.
All content on this website is intended for educational purposes only and should not be used as medical advice for the treatment of an illness or medical problem. In no way is this information intended to be a substitute for individual professional medical care. If your child has a medical need, please contact our doctors for an appointment.